Sunday, March 2, 2008

Charlotte has arrived-- a while ago


So I slacked off a little at the end of the pregnancy. I see that my last post was in November, and my daughter was born on January 10, 2008, at 1:30 a.m. Perfect in every way, 7 lbs 2 oz, 19 in. long. Her name is Charlotte Lucy. Here's a photo.

So the sleeplessness of pregnancy was nothing compared to motherhood/parenthood (Armistead is up nearly as much as me, since the little one likes to stay awake after she eats at night). But overall things are going far better day and night at 7 weeks than they were at first.

She is such a little darling. Beginning to coo, smiling like a pro, and making tons of eye contact. She even pushes up on her elbows a bit when lying on her tummy. I am really enjoying these short times of "play," and can't wait till we can go for walks this spring.

No comments: